We always want our skin to stay moisturized, but ironically, we invest very little in taking care of our skin. We are not just talking about the facial skin but of the entire body that also needs adequate moisturization and nourishment. The best way to ascertain the best results is to use a body lotion for dry skin.
A body lotion is a skincare product that keeps your skin hydrated and nourished, and away from dryness. According to the experts, dehydration of the skin cells makes your skin drier, damaged, and lusterless. A good moisturizer creates a barrier to protect your skin from external environmental triggers such as dry wind, dust, sunlight, and pollution.
Healthy skin protects you from toxins and germs in the environment, so it is essential to create a firm protective barrier, especially in winters. If you don’t nourish your skin with a good moisturizer, winters are surely a good time to add body lotion for dry skin to your skincare routine.
A step by step guide to using the body lotion
It might seem surreal to some, but there is a right and wrong way to moisturize your skin with body lotion. We are listing the right way of applying it:
To get the intended results on your skin, you need to learn when the best time is to apply a moisturizer. Experts advise using a body cream or moisturizer twice a day.
- Apply body lotion right after stepping out of the shower, from head to toe. Make sure your skin is slightly damp so the ingredients seep into the skin cells. You can also use a good moisturizer after exfoliating your skin with a scrubber.
- You may also apply it before going to bed. The best deal is to lock your skin with moisture as it goes into repair mode.
Adults often use the best whitening lotion for babies on their skin. It is important to learn that babies have very delicate skin and moisturizing requirements are different from those of adults. So, the practice may be unreasonable or impractical with your skin type.
Here are four easy steps to using a body lotion on your skin
Step 1 – Take out a generous amount of body lotion for dry skin onto your palms.
Step 2 – Gently rub lotion on your palms for a few seconds.
Step 3 – Now, apply it smoothly on your body- from head to toe.
Step 4 – Give your body a gentle massage in a circular motion.
Depending on your skin type and needs, you can use the lotion in different amounts. If your skin loses moisture quickly, we recommend using body lotion for dry skin enriched with emollients. Emollients are the ingredients in lotion that offer moisturization to the deepest layers of the skin.
Why should you regularly use body lotion?
Talking about the skin barrier, exposure to UV rays, weather conditions, etc., can affect your skin significantly and degrades its health. A good body lotion is water-based, which is tremendously good for most skin types.
Let us have a look at the top benefits of using a body moisturizer:
- Hydrates dry skin: The powerful ingredients in the body lotion prep your skin and lock in the essential oils. Dry weather can create a chink in your skin’s layers and make the skin drier. Adding a nourishing body lotion to your daily skincare habits can prevent you from many skin woes.
- Replenishes your skin: With dry skin comes the problem of scaly and itchy skin. Applying body lotion for dry skin twice a day rejuvenates your skin and keeps it soft and smooth.
- Gives you a radiant glow: Let’s be honest, we do a lot for our face but forget that skin on the other part of the body also needs nourishment. Daily moisturizing your body helps remove the dead skin cells and boosts blood circulation, giving your skin a radiant glow.
- Promises a youthful look: Body lotion slows down signs of aging such as wrinkles, blemishes, fine lines, etc. They are rich in ingredients with anti-aging and antioxidative properties to increase collagen production and fight free radical damage.
- Works on tougher spots: People with dry skin have rough spots due to the buildup of dead skin cells around elbows, knees, etc. Regular moisturizing these parts will help to prevent grime buildup.
Which is the best body lotion for dry skin in India?
Your skin feels the love you pour into it. The skin which is not well taken care of is likely to feel parched. So, it is a general recommendation to nourish your body twice a day with good body lotion. We all know that well-moisturized skin is a sign of good health. So, which is the best body lotion for skin repair?
We asked some skincare experts, and they suggested that we use Mamaearth’s Skin Repair Body Lotion. This nurturing brand offers a wide range of the best whitening lotion for babies and adults. These lotions are made of toxin-free and natural ingredients and are thus safe for people of all age groups.
So, let’s talk about the key ingredients of Mamaearth’s Skin Repair Body Lotion for Dry Skin.
- Mango Butter: This ingredient helps lighten the skin tone and tighten the pores. It also helps the skin create a protective layer against environmental barriers.
- Kokum Butter: It is rich in fatty acids that repair your skin and won’t clog pores. Frequently using kokum butter on your skin addresses various conditions like inflammation, dry and itchy skin.
This body lotion for dry skin keeps your skin intact and locks in moisture for 24 hours. It heals and safeguards your skin, making it soft, supple, and smooth. Its dermatologically tested formula is suitable for all skin types.
There is nothing better in this world than having well-hydrated and glowing skin. And if you want that dewy appearance for yourself, you should raise the ante with a good body lotion for dry skin. Try whatever feel your skin loves the most, and we bet your skin will equally respond well.
PS: Mamaearth is Asia’s first Made Safe certified brand that offers a wide range of skincare, body care, hair care, and baby care products in India. These safe and gentle products are made of only natural and toxin-free ingredients. This brand also plants a tree for every order that it delivers online, and it has planted over 300000 trees so far.
Also Read: Cell Phone Is Computer Now.